What do we do with your information?
- Refer you to other healthcare providers when you need other service or tests
- Share samples with laboratories for testing (like blood samples)
- Share test results with hospitals or community services (like blood test results)
- Allow out of hours or extended hours GPs to look at your health record when you are going to an appointment
- Send prescriptions to a pharmacy
- Patients are texted in relation to healthcare services
- Samples are provided to the courier for delivery to pathology
- Share reports with the coroner
- Receive reports of appointments you have attended elsewhere such as with the community nurse or if you have had a stay in hospital
- Find out more about our Diabetic Eye Screening
Follow this link to see a list of the partners that we usually share with
The Peninsula Practice has signed a Suffolk Wide Information Sharing Agreement which allows health and social care providers to agree a secure and lawful way to share your information.
What else do we do with your information?
Along with activities related directly to your care, we also use information in ways which allow us to check that care is safe and provide data for the improvement and planning of services.
- Quality / payment / performance reports are provided to service commissioners
- As part of clinical research – information that identifies you will be removed, unless you have consented to being identified
For more details about how your information may be used in research
please visit www.hra.nhs.uk/information-about-patients
For more information on the NIHR please visit www.nihr.ac.uk
- Undertaking clinical audits within the practice
- Supporting staff training
Sharing when Required by Law
Sometimes we will be required by law to share your information and will not always be able to discuss this with you directly. Examples might be for the purposes of detection or prevention of crime, where it is in the wider public interest, to safeguard children or vulnerable adults, reporting infectious diseases or where required by court order.
CCTV is NOT in place in our practice.