Compassionate Communities is part of a local project to support living life fully before we die, providing companions for people and families affected by life-limiting illness, and starting conversations about end of life.
Please click on this link to find out more.
We are delighted to be sharing with you our film about Compassionate Communities, and in particular, the role of our Compassionate Companions.
To watch our film please click on the links belows:
https://youtu.be/PCGAwPCVQiE (without subtitles)
https://youtu.be/83X3ISOeyMQ (with subtitles)
This is part of a Pilot Project run by Peninsula Practice with plans to develop and widen the training.
For more information please visit the website through the link https://www.compassionate-communities.co.uk/
Compassionate Conversation Training
Compassionate Conversations is a free awareness training session delivered by St Elizabeth Hospice.
It is aimed at helping people aged 18+ to build skills and confidence to open up honest and sensitive conversations around end-of-life, loss and bereavement.
The next sessions available are:
- Face-to-face: 13 June, 19.00-21.00 @ Heath Road Coffee Shop, Ipswich
- Online: 20 July, 19.00-21.00
- Face-to-face: 17 August 10.00-12.00 @ Broadway House, Felixstowe
- Online: 14 September, 10.00-12.00
- Face-to-face: 19 October, 10.00-12.00 @ Ipswich Central Library
- Online: 16 November, 19.00- 21.00
- Online: 14 December 10.00-12.00
Please follow this link to find out more and book to attend the training.