Alderton dispensary - opening on Fridays at 9am
Did you know…?
We are participating in a new approach to improve access for patients to GP appointments. The aim is to direct patients to the most appropriate healthcare professional, which may be a GP or a pharmacist.
From 11/02/2022 if your symptoms could be resolved by a booked consultation with the pharmacist instead of the GP, you will be given a same-day referral to a pharmacy of your choice.
We think this is a good thing. Once you see how great your local pharmacist is – they are highly trained and skilled clinicians experienced in treating minor illnesses – we don’t think you’ll look back.
This will also help us to free up GP appointments for people with more complex health needs and ensure that everyone gets treated at the right time, by the right healthcare professional.
We are keen to hear what you think and will be listening to your comments and feedback about your experience of using this service.
If you’re thinking of calling your GP surgery please remember this:
- Prescriptions cannot be put in for early collection, we are trying hard to provide a 3 day turnaround (with some supply issues) for those that are due each month. Your future medication will not be available until it is due.
- Inhalers are being issued to the patients who have them prescribed as a regular repeat. If you are concerned please go to Asthma UK for advice.
- Paracetamol is not available on prescription unless you are already being prescribed this for an existing chronic condition.
- The surgery can’t advise you whether you should or shouldn’t self isolate if you are at risk, we have a considerable number of patients - please follow the guidance on NHS 111 online service.
- If you are due to have a routine appointment and it’s cancelled, please try and understand the unprecedented strain we are having at the present time.
- Please don’t shout at your GP staff when they cannot do these things because we will still make sure you get the medication you NEED and we will still provide the best possible care - over the phone or Face to face if absolutely necessary.
And remember all NHS staff are doing this to help keep you safe.
Branch Site Closures
We may at short notice close and/or reopen certain sites to maintain as safe a service to our patients at different times for a variety of reasons including low staff capacity as well as to protect our staff who may have certain conditions. Please bear with us whilst we do our very best to manage a service under these extreme circumstances. If you have any concerns about this please write to Patient Advice & Liaison Service (PALS).
Please click on this link to find out more about the Patient Advice & Liaison Service.
Please be aware that we may use new providers or suppliers to help us quickly adapt and continue your care effectively. For example, we may use a new provider for video consultations. We may not be able to add these to our transparency materials right away, we apologise for this but please be assured all our processors are bound by contract to protect to your data.
We Are Here To Help You
We want all our patients to know that they can approach any member of staff with their queries, problems or compliments. In most instance your first point of contact will be able to assist you. If in the event they are unable to Sarah Fiddes, our Patient Navigation Liaison Lead will be able to help you.
Please contact Sarah either by phone on 01394 411641 or via email at: email@example.com